FCD/G Specializes In Industrial Design and Process Engineering.
FCD/G can provide your design and engineering solutions for a wide variety of industrial projects. FCD/G works with a collaborative group of designers and engineers (mechanical, material handling, structural, and refrigeration) who specialize in the planning, design and implementation of both conventional and/or mechanized or automated distribution facilities, including refrigerated and freezer operations. FCD/G also specializes in the implementation of new food processing facilities.
Services We Provide:
- Analysis of existing facilities & benchmarking of current operational setup
- Establishment of projected Design Year based on volume and item growth factors
- Development of facility layout and storage needs (raw material & finished goods for the Design Year
- Consultation on existing equipment performance and research into new and/or alternate equipment
- Strict ROI analysis of alternate designs
- Computer simulation, as required
- Concept level design and definition of the entire process in PFD format
- Budget development for both the facility and recommended process system
- Preliminary code review/compliance checks
- Detailed design/engineering for both the facility and process system, including P&ID
- Low temperature & refrigeration systems design
- Project management of subcontractor bidding, award, implementation and commissioning
Previous Project Clients Include:
- Tulkoff Food Products, Baltimore, MD
- DeMets Candy, Elmira, NY
- Perdue Farms, Petersburg, VA
- Barry Callebaut Chocolate, Eddystone, PA
- Lyons & Sons, Inc., Moorestown, NJ
- Blommer Chocolate, East Greenville, PA
- HEB, San Antonio , San Marcos and Temple, TX
- Martin Bros Distributing, Cedar Falls, IA
- Feesers Distributors, Harrisburg, PA
- Coca-Cola (CCE Enterprises), Antwerp, Belgium
- Maines Paper and Food Service, Binghamton, NY
Current Project Clients Include:
- Accent Foods – Texas Distribution Center
- Clemens Food Group – Michigan
- Bongards Dairy -Tennessee
- Lyons and Sons – New Jersey
- XTL Logistics – Iowa
A Selection Of Relevant Projects
Edy’s Grand Ice Cream, Multiple Projects – New ASRS facilities and retrofit of automated refrigerated facilities in Gaithersburg, MD, Union City & City of Commerce, CA, and Fort Wayne, IN.
Iceland Seafood Corporation. Camp Hill, PA – Managed design & construction for the 40,000SF -10ºF freezer, the 60,000SF process area and R&D Lab.
Merchants Distributors, Inc, Hickory, NC – Performed planning, design and construction management for this new, 1 million SF refrigerated facility and corporate headquarters
Merck, Sharpe & Dohme, West Point, PA – Consultation on insulation & vapor leak problems for -70ºF storage.
Nabisco Biscuit Company , Chicago, IL – Project Engineer responsible for the planning, design, and construction management 20,000 position ASRS; the first of its type within Chicago city limits.
Nestle-Carnation, Bakersfield, CA – Provided after-construction consultation and design improvement services for the ASRS and related palletizing operation for this 80,000SF ice cream production plant.